Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

WHY FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROKE? (photomorph) & WHADDAYAH GONNA DO? (two dreams from one night) by Roswila


WHADDAYAH GONNA DO?

dream one

how is this well-meaning
neighbor of mine going to help?
she can barely walk herself,
and she's going to rush
to that bus stop a block away
and hold the bus for me?
I do appreciate the thought
and -- even more so -- her clear
need to feel she's still of use
(yeah, that gets me where I live,
too), but it ain't gonna work out
and you'd think she'd
recognize that ...
hey, if I weren't used to
going slower than everyone
else by now, and constantly
rescheduling my various daily
plans, I'd really need help,
and more than rushing
to hold the bus!


dream two

I'm only a visiting office worker,
but before anyone else speaks up,
they request my opinion of the PowerPoint
presentation we'd all just viewed; it wasn't
very good, not very good at all -- I say softly,
but firmly -- the grey-green background's
jittery, distracting from the message
of the foreground action and text,
and the figure doing the speaking
and action not only doesn't fit
with the background but conflicts in
color and style with the text;
all who've just viewed the presentation
as I just did agree with my observations
and turn to me with a single question
in their eyes, framed archly by their
eyebrows, as if saying "well? would you
try to fix it, or better yet, re-do it?"
... will I ever learn? the first who
identifies a problem (whether invited
to or not) often gets stuck
having to deal with it


[two dreams from the night of 10-14-18. Photomorph "Why Fix It If It Ain't Broke?" (9-28-18 002v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home