Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, October 26, 2018

A TANGLED VIEW (photo) & THE MANSION IN THE WOODS (dream writing) by Roswila


THE MANSION IN THE WOODS

she takes me on a tour of the new mansion
that took an exceptionally long time to finish,
but she's most excited to show me the many
lovely views of the undeveloped wooded lands
around it with its rivers and far distant mountains;
I'm quite impressed by them and say so, as she
takes my hand and starts leading me to a second
floor view she calls "the pièce de résistance;"
the man who'll live here joins us; I see that he's
completely healed and walking so well only a very
observant person could even note the tiny hitch
in his quiet stride; I can feel him check me out
the same way as he lags behind the other woman
and me, and somehow I'm certain he's pleased
to see that I, too -- if not anywhere close to
completely -- have healed; we three reach
the window and absorb it's splendid view
and it's truly the best of the many the mansion
affords, the light on the river and trees a healing
boon all by itself; and I wonder if I'll ever
have the great good fortune
to live in a place like this

[narrative on a dream of 10-3-18 (dreamed and written during my recent blog break). Talk about a wish fulfillment dream! Especially given the painful -- both physical and emotional -- things going on in my life right now. But there's a ton of other stuff in it, as well. E.g., as I came to the end of the first draft I realized that in a way I do "live in a place like this." The Santa Barbara area is often referred to as Paradise. :-) And as I dreamed/read about those window views, I was put in mind of my long walks, e.g., to the beach overlook park or the heavily eucalyptus tree lined road close to UCSB. So maybe what this dream is saying is to appreciate where I already am. As to the healing references in this dream, and the woman and man, there's just too much I could say about them and my associations to them, that is relevant to both my past and present life. So I'll have to let it all be suggestive, the way it's written .. the way it was dreamed. Photo "A Tangled View" (9-28-18 036v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home