Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, June 07, 2018

TAKING A TUMBLE (photomorph) & TUMBLING TROUBLE (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


TUMBLING TROUBLE

kittens and kittens
and more kittens, wee ones mewling
and tumbling around
my living room floor that's been
covered with pale, soft old quilts

are these large quilts meant
to protect my space, or to give these little bits
a safe place to roam

guess it doesn't matter as both may be true,
and maybe even something altogether else

I just know I'm surprised to see this circus, even
as the implied work for me, gives me great pause

what's that expression?
(or am I making it up to fit this scene)
"Do not have kittens!"*

well, stack it all any way you want to, I've got a
roomful of highly energetic trouble to deal with


[a tanka, with two dreamku and three 2-liners on a dream of 6-6-18. *I've long tended to relate to cats and kittens in my dreams as anger or at least irritation. (Long story as to how I came to that; i.e., many years of dream work.) But decided to Google that expression about "having kittens" to see what else might be hidden in this image of a multitude of kittens. Seems there's also a multitude of meanings, ranging from fear and pain, to anger and anxiety. All of which do describe aspects of my inner world right now (and in my life generally ... sigh). What I find most interesting, actually, is that command not to have kittens. To protect myself, in a way, from myself. :-D Photomorph "Taking A Tumble" (5-13-18 034v2m) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home