Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, June 04, 2018

THE QUARREL OF LIGHT AND DARK (photomorph) & THERE ARE TIMES WHEN EVEN TWO'S A CROWD (dream narratives) by Roswila


THERE ARE TIMES WHEN
EVEN TWO'S A CROWD

Dream One:

we're back together: it's actually a surprise
when I realize we'd been a continent apart
for decades; we've slipped incredibly
readily into relating and living
together again (I swear we must
have been the original model for the term
"co-dependency" back all those years ago)
... what's no surprise at all? my niggling
fears that I'm not doing any of it right,
am not giving enough, and what little
I manage to offer, is not given often
enough ... sigh, same old, same old ...
and, yeah, to be honest, the same old
vague suspicion that I may not even want
any of what we're doing together enough


Dream Two:

yeah, I figure I'll go the funeral, I may not
have known him very well, but he was an
influential part of our community, it wouldn't
hurt to share with others in offering respects;
but no matter what I do (and it's getting later
and later) I can't find someone to give me
directions to the train to get to the funeral
(not to mention not one vaunted member
of our community offers me a ride); I
keep wending my way through this room
that's crowded with people readying for
the trip to the funeral in another small,
seaside town, and finally hit upon a
young woman who seems not only very
knowledgeable but anxious to help me:
but this, too, goes no place, though I try
to follow her wandering words as she
hems and haws and insists on helping
me, not even the note she hands me
with instructions on where to meet
her family whom she says I can catch
a ride with to the funeral, makes any
sense at all (hieroglyphics would be
more legible, I mumble) and, as usual
(I add soto voce, knowing no one's
listening to me anyway), should I not
get to the funeral I'll be gossiped about
as being uncaring, and if I do get the help
to go to it, I'll be labeled a pest, as surely
as if a sign were pinned to my back
in bright red letters: well, therein lies my
answer since nothing I can do will
please others, I'll please myself:
I go home and curl up for a nap


[narratives on two dreams of 6-3-18. Photomorph "The Quarrel of Light and Dark" (12-14-13 002v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home