Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 28, 2018

NODDING OUT (photo) & SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY

yeah, why should I be surprised
to find these two sleeping together?
hey, not in that way, I mean that
literally, as in snoring away,
in two separate beds in
the small bedroom

but I really can't stand having her
there now, too, after all these years
of dealing with him, even if I have
grown rather used to him haunting
me, sleeping quietly away
in the background ...

hm, I suppose snoring away is better
than him being fully active and I do
remember to shut that bedroom
door and keep it shut
most of the time

maybe it's not so awful that she's
there now, my two enemies sleeping
together ... I can slam that door or ease
it shut if they're already asleep
and walk away

so what if I live then in my own
kinda, sorta walking dream: peace
is peace, even if it's only an
absence of "in your face"
conflict


[free verse poem based on a dream of 5-17-18. Photo "Nodding Out" (7-5-09 3228e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home