Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

SEEKING A FORM (photomorph) & FLATTENED ORIGAMI (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


FLATTENED ORIGAMI

poem after poem of his falls out of his
missive to me; it's way too much reading
and ruminating to deal with right now;
deceptive, isn't it, that a small envelope
would hold such a pile of carefully folded
pages of poems; as they rest in my lap
like a flock of flattened origami I wonder
what their forms will have to say once
I pry them open, how might they dance
or roll or sing when filled with space and
air again; I know that (as usual) he wants
my feedback on every single one, but just
like their hand addressed jacket the poems,
too, are deceptive; I know all too well from
past experience they will speak in ways I
can't respond totally honestly to, for their
intimate calls will be hidden within the
shadows of their poems' shapes -- hints and
double entendre his overriding style -- and
are always so vague that I begin to wonder
if I might very well simply be projecting


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-27-18. Photomorph "Seeking a Form" (7-5-09 3229ev2f) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home