Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

FALLING APART (photomorph) & CALL & RESPONSE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


CALL & RESPONSE

an over-voice in the dream proclaims:

"The biggest sin
against self and others
is certainty"

prompting dream "I" to think:

Holding to an understanding
so tightly that life's breath
is wrung out, its endless
possibilities falling dead
in a sad little heap unseen


[free verse poem on a dream of 7-10-14. Yeah, had this dream over a year ago. The first draft of this poem on it has been sitting in a scribbled form all that time. I'm not sure I can fully express why I didn't want to work on it. (Is it the preachy tone? But is that necessarily a problem.) However, I have always found that quote at the top rather pointed, and it's more than usually timely for me at present. So I shaped up the writing a bit this morning and I'm a little more comfortable about posting it. BTW, the words in quotes are verbatim from the dream. Photomorph "Falling Apart" (10-1-11 11319ev9b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home