Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, May 03, 2008

GRATITUDE, a poem, & TWO HAIKU, by Patricia Kelly



Before I talk about this walk I took today, I do want to say I don't offer my sketch above as anything even approaching "art." I'm still trying to re-train my hand to draw what the heart of my eye sees. :-) It's been many years since I've sketched from nature. However, I did want to put the poem on this sketch as the poem was written right after I did it. I hope it adds a sense of the immediacy I was feeling at that time.

And here's two haiku also written on that walk to the beach overlook:

cliff side guard rail
the biker pauses to smoke
a cigarette


* * * *

a tiny brown bird
on the overlook fence
mutual watching

* * * *

This was a very special time at the overlook. It's the first time I have been able to make it all the way there. Then, to see that the cliff is very much like the bluffs on the southeast corner of Block Island, Rhode Island -- my heretofore favorite place on earth -- nearly knocked my socks off. I had dreamed for many years of finding a way of moving to Block Island, though truly knew it could not happen. And here I am, living blocks from a very similar landscape. My problems seem so small, and life so large, and good.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT, and Yahoo DREAMJIN: Group for Dreamku – Haiku-Like Dream Poems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home