Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, October 07, 2007

TAIGA: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 10-07-07

The Hanged Man, XII, in The Taiga Tarot,
a deck-in-progress by Patricia Kelly

The prompt this week at One Deep Breath is “simple pleasures.” I can think of nothing more pleasurable or ultimately more simple than being fully in the moment, something I nevertheless find hard to do. The past agitates and the future rains fear. But every once in a while? A moment like the one above that I speak to in The Hanged Man taiga.

By the way, taiga are illustrated tanka; and The Taiga Tarot is a Tarot deck I am slowly designing. To read more about this Hanged Man taiga and to see other cards from this deck-in-progress, click on Roswila’s Taiga Tarot at the bottom of this post.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At 7:44 PM , Blogger paisley said...

this was wonderful.. and i am on my way right this moment to further investigate your deck... i have been reading for many years and never strayed from my first beloved thoth deck.. but i must say i am intrigued....

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi paisley,

Ah, The Thoth. One of my favorites for many of my earliest years of working with The Tarot. Although I rarely use it anymore (I have almost 80 decks), whenever I see images from it I am so delighted. I also have posters of some its cards around my home. I just looked up and saw The Thoth's strong Queen of Wands above my Tarot shelves. :-)

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

brilliant

love it

nothing to add

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Jo said...

Genius........the essence of it all!

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Very zen...
That project seems fascinating.

 
At 3:00 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

excellent!

 
At 9:00 AM , Blogger Jodi Peary said...

Wow, so well done. Delighted to learn the word for an illustrated tanka, taiga, thank you! There are many layers to this piece, what a generous way to share your work. Walking my two littlest to the bus stop; when I return I must look further at your Taiga Tarot. I sense inspiration over the horizon. Jodi
wildvines.blogspot.com

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

It's possible this will be my favorite of the decks. There's something futuristic yet ancient about the image and the haiku is perfect.

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

Wow. Very nice.

 
At 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good, and I learned something.

 
At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the moment. How do we grasp it's nature? I have read so much of it from The Dao to Zen and like you, I occasionally experience that bliss. You have captured it well with this piece.

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Becca said...

"to hang by the breath of the moment"...love it!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I am delighted you all like this Hanged Man Taiga. It's one of those projects although very close to my heart, is developing very slowly. Or rather, at it's own rate, not mine. :-)

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger Clare said...

Hi Roswila! What a cool taiga -- the image and the words make such an incredible and powerful meditation. This really moved me -- thank you!
:)

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, clare. That's what I'd hoped for in this particular taiga card, a sort of meditative "prompt."

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful reminder to enjoy the present.

 
At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really a very interesting set; the image and tanka. It is amazing to me how many of us focused on 'the moment' as inspired by this prompt.

 
At 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The image is striking and simple. The words are perfect. I will try to read your card site on the road, I glanced and know I will learn from it and just enjoy.

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Patois42 said...

A delicious taiga. Now, I must go look at that deck of yours.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

This is very good indeed.

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

living in the moment is indeed a precious pleasure...very beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home