Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 6/18/07

[Photo: Sunflower Variety, webshots.com]


her sunflower poem
their big brown eyes
in a dream


This week's prompt at One Deep Breath is to write about "(wild)flowers." A friend had emailed me a marvelous new poem of hers about sunflowers, which I dreamt about that night. This haiku can also be considered what I'm now terming a dreamku. (To read about writing dreamku, you can check out the previous three posts here -- it's a lengthy article, so I had to split in into three parts. :-D)

You can visit One Deep Breath (link in first paragraph) to enjoy others' intriguing variety of responses to this week's "(wild)flowers" prompt.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger Regina said...

They do look like big brown eyes! Beautiful!

 
At 12:56 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely dreamku, very evocative!

 
At 3:53 AM , Blogger jem said...

Nice one - managing to balance something both comforting and a little scary at the same time.

 
At 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful image and haiku. I love the brown eyes ;)

 
At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this looks like something from the days of the flower children. I like it.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

How appropriate, Sandy, as I'm an aging hippie (for real). Maybe that's why I liked this photo. I thought I chose it for the "brown eyes." :-)

 
At 2:44 AM , Blogger Heartful said...

This is lovely, and I'm intrigued about dreamku!

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

Lovely haiku. And I really like the way the photo illustrates it.

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi heartful blogger, hope you have the chance to read my three-part post on dreamku. And then write some and share them with me. LOL! I don't ask much, do I? Thanks for visiting.

 
At 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big brown eyes....

Lovely.

 
At 12:01 AM , Blogger Clare said...

The colors and your dreamku made me smile -- really lovely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home