Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

HAIKU in Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 6-25-07




unlocking the door
the ants
have beat me home


This week's prompt at One Deep Breath is "bugs and creepy crawlies." I live in a three story walk up. Whenever it's the season for ants, I envision them hiking up all those flights! :-) Wishful thinking, of course, they just hitch rides on everyone else's stuff. We do the climbing. Humph!

Want to read about some other creepy crawlies? Visit One Deep Breath (link above) for others' take on this prompt. (BTW, the above haiku is cross-posted to Summer Haiku 2007. And the clipart is off one of those freebie sites with gazillions of graphics.)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Blogger Southern Me~ said...

I have a problem with ants, they love to hang out at my house. Your haiku depict them well.

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Regina said...

I wrote about ants, too! We are in a severe drought and I know they have just come into to find water, but even so...
I like the picture, too!

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger Clare said...

Your ant picture is adorable! And I really like your haiku. It's amazing that they get up three floors, even hitching a ride. You'd think they'd settle for the first floor -- perhaps they like the view!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger polona said...

yikes!
i so hate when this happens :)

 
At 1:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your ants! I know it is a problem, but it makes for a nice poem.

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Can't tell you how much I find those little warm weather ants annoying. I hate killing anything, but don't hesitate with them (or roaches). I was so embarrassed (spelling? :-D) the other day when a friend picked up her bag from near my terrace door and said "Uh, Patricia, ants...." Grrr.

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

Summer really does bring out the ants, doesn't it? Your haiku depicts that nicely!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Clockworkchris said...

I agree with polona, when ants are in the house it is not good. Usually that means exterminator time. I try to be nice and capture most bugs to release outside, but not ants. I use the bug spray. I read your comments. Glad we agree

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger get zapped said...

They can be quite the pest in great numbers!

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Patois42 said...

I can just see the ants go marching two by two in your haiku. Enjoyed it very much.

 
At 5:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, so very true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home