Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

HAIKU: RESPONSE TO ONE DEEP BREATH PROMPT OF 3-06-07

"the black earth/under my fingernails/tending houseplants."


This week's prompt at One Deep Breath was to think about mud, dirt, earth. Which seems quite appropriate as our earth begins to thaw -- at least in the northern hemisphere (but certainly not last night with 0 degree windchill!).

Please vist One Deep Breath to see the full prompt and view others' creative responses to it. The image above is a unique version of The Three of Cups in The Tarot, by Connie Maria Plieger. (For comparison, see my previous post for a more traditional version of The Three of Cups.)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger Regina said...

Oh, I love the card! It goes with the prompt wonderfully!

 
At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture to match your haiku. I hope spring comes soon for you.

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I love the feel of dirt in my hands. Your haiku and the image made a lovely team.

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely gardening haiku... I really like the card too.

 
At 4:27 AM , Blogger jem said...

Quite a few of us have referred to dirt beneath our nails. I think however clean we are we secretly love the sense of connection to the earth it gives us.

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oh, yes, jem, I agree compltely. It is also a sort of "rebellion," at least for me, to let my nails be gloriously dirty! :-D

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger get zapped said...

Slendid! It will take days to get the dirt from under the nails ;)

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

For sure, getzapped, if gardening were not so much fun and plants such wonderful creatures, I'd not want to go through the clean up scrub!

 
At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That card is really attractive and works so well with your haiku.
I like your collection of quotes.

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger rel said...

Roswila,
What a stupendous picture..I love it, and so appropriate for your haiga.
rel

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger wrchili said...

Great Haiku! I really like the image of dirt getting under your fingernails.

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Glad you like the Tarot card image, Remiman. I don't even remember how long I've had it in my image files, waiting for just the right place to use it. :-)

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, Sandy. I collect quotes the way I collect Tarot decks. I've always blamed my collecting tendency on my Moon in Taurus.:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home