Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 05, 2007

SONG FOR THE DANCE (Dream-Based Poem)

Three of Cups in the Aquatic Tarot, by Andreas Schroter]


SONG FOR THE DANCE*

someone
somewhere will always
think you wrong

accuse of conceit
or of murdering the moment

but do not stop dancing
do not ever stop dancing,
for neap tides become high,
and new moons, full

keep on singing, singing, singing
from the calm eye of joy
as you spin through this life

and emptiness
will be what fills you
till you ring, ring, ring
like a bell


*This poem is based on a dream I had on November 25, 2000. The last stanza is verbatim from the dream.

* * * *

Resource: Artists Without Frontiers/Poetry & Dream Imagery Article.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this very spring-like poem :) The last stanze reminds me of a Zen story a read once about people, and emptiness, and bells... I can't recall it all, but the image and thought were very similar.

Let us dance indeed!
Mary Pat

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, I hadn't even thought of spring, but you're right it is very "springy." :-)

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing." -- Rabbi Hillel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home