Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, February 19, 2007

A WINTER HAIGA



* * * *

For the above sketch I used oil pastels. I used to work in them a lot. I can now see it will take a while to get a sense of their possibilities back again. :-) As to the haiku, I find the sound of spinning tires on ice very agitating. Maybe because I can guess the frustration the driver must be feeling. At any rate, this recent snow fall is all but gone. Now I only have to deal with the last of run-off from rooves and terraces that freezes on the sidewalks. But I really can't complain, there's plenty of heat and food. Life in my cave is good.

Resource: Poettree, stunning haiga (photographic).

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM , Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Lovely. It never snows here so I wonder what a comparable image would be.

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, annieelf!

Hm, to address your question, maybe "tires spinning in mud"? :-)
BTW, I may be moving to Santa Barbara, after 22 years in this apartment, and all my life on the East Coast. But I think it's the right move. And I won't miss snow at all if I do. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home