Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

TWO FOR MY SOON-TO-BE-EX-ROOMMIE

[Mandala courtesy of Zodiac Arts]


ONE: Seeds

The seeds my roommate plants in our tiny front yard are a variety of unknowns. It is fun to watch them sprout and see what they become. They take over the postage stamp-size yard, growing tall and wild. I rather enjoy them still, but they lean out over the sidewalk, and reach through the chain-link fence:

catching my skirt
dark-eyed blooms


I pull up the biggest offenders and try training the others to stay more circumspect, but to no avail. Still, neither my roommie nor I want to get rid of them totally. In their season, they die back, leaving tall, rigid stalks. My roommie pulls up the dry reminders:

surprise!
up the tall dry stalks
last season’s glories


One already has an open, lovely purple bloom. Although I harvested glory seeds last year, she had not planted them. She disentangles the little morning glory vines carefully from the tall dry stalks she pulls, and gently guides them up the chain link fence:

delicacy
after dense wild blooms:
morning glory


August 2004


TWO: Blossoms

My roommate of almost seven years is leaving to get married this coming April. She gave me flowers along with my birthday gift on January 4th. She told me at the time that the red roses were for me and that the white, feathery blooms were for Nena, a friend of mine who'd died at the end of December. The more than usually sweet smelling roses have long since expired, but not the tall white blooms:

long lasting gifts
bow above the vase
do you, too, hold on?


January 21, 2007
P.S. The day afer I wrote the above, the white blooms had finally "let go." Maybe they were waiting for me to get their message? :-)


* * * *

Resource: Tobacco Road Poet, a few really nice haibun, also haiku and haiga on other pages, by H. Curtis Dunlap.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Wonderful message with the flowers ... that is the sort of thing I just love. Happy belated birthday to a fellow Capricorn (I'm 3 days after you!)
Much peace, JP

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, Jane Poe. It was one of the nicest birthdays I've had in some time. Happy belated birthday to you, too!

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, yes, I have little doubt glories will be blooming here for years to come. Especially now that the neighbor's yard has also been seeded by them. And this last season, they let them grow enough that they extended back into our yard. Talk about re-gifting! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home