Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

TWO LOOKS AT HALF-IRISH (A Pair of Dream Haiku)



Yes, it's not St. Patrick's Day, but I'm half-Irish year round! :-) So, here are a pair of haiku I just wrote in the wee hours of this morning, based on a dream I had during the night. Irish was not specifically referenced in the dream, but was clearly contained within the imagery.


lace curtains
the rips let in
more light

* * *

the shanty escape
back through the mob
mindful


(Click here for explanations of "lace curtain [Irish]" and "shanty [Irish].")

The last dream of the night ended with Sarah Jessica Parker reluctantly taking the lead in a musical. She was dancing and singing in a lengthy production number of a song called "Flying." LOL! Maybe I will get off the ground again, out of the past and history. So Mote It Be!

* * * *

Resource: Finding the Easy by William Stimson, an essay that speaks very deeply to me right now.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM , Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

I like the lace curtain ku, it really kind of echoes many different moments.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, Gerald. I like the lace curtain one more, myself. The second does leave a great deal to the imagination! Maybe too much. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home