Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, January 28, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 1-29-07






a bare tree
against the moon
more than enough joy






[Image is The Hanged Woman/Spider Woman, in the The Animals Divine Tarot, by Lisa Hunt and is used by permission. For Spider Woman background, art, and a story visit Crystal Links.]

This week's prompt on One Deep Breath is to "take a closer, more contemplative look at your connection with nature." Please visit to read the full prompt and to see the wide and creative variety of others' responses.

Even more so than when writing the 'ku, I had a deeply contemplative time choosing an image to go with it. So thought I'd share the two "runners up" below. :-)

The Six of Disks (Pentacles) in The Thoth Tarot


The Ten of Swords in The Tarot of the Spirit


* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bare tree
against the moon
more than enough joy

...I like this ku very much, and think you definitely chose the right -- perfect! -- image :)

Mary Pat

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, thanks, Mary Pat. I needed a more "literal" image so as not to stretch that connection to nature too much, I think. Then again, there's my partiality towards Goddesses. :-D

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely haiku.

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Regina said...

Yes, they go perfectly together! Such a perfect image in itself is the moon and tree- I have seen it many times...

 
At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem is gorgeous, as is the accompanying image.

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I loved the image you created...lovely!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger get zapped said...

Full moon, full joy. Splendid!

 
At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my stars - just so lovely! More than enough joy indeed! And the Ten of Swords artwork - I'm coveting, seriously coveting.

Goddess bless.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Lovely image. I see a full moon and the tree on a hill.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Neasa,

Yes, that Tarot of the Spirit is an intriguing deck. The Majors are quite different stylistically from the Minors. I just went to see if I still have it -- I have close to 100 decks at present and sometimes forget which I have LOL! I don't have it now; it was therefore one of those I gave away 20 years ago when for some reason I was divesting myself of decks (at that time I had over 120). But I do recall it being a cool deck and that it had a good book to go with it.

Thanks for visiting!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger jennifer black said...

I do love this. "More than enough joy." I feel that way about nature often. No matter how bad the day, a sunset, a flower, a bird, a ... bare branch ... can make all the "badness" go away--or at least pale in comparison.

jb

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi jblack...

Yes, for me nature is an anti-depressant. And as I read your comment I realized why my moods have been, shall I say, doing more than usually poorly for a couple of years. It's not just my having more and more senior moments (:-D) but that I haven't been out among those beloved creatures, trees, or wanderered along in the soul comfort of a beach in years. Hm, gotta do something about that... thanks for visiting and for your comment.

 
At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The feel of your haiku is wonderful, also your choice of images.

 
At 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roswila. this is simply wonderful! Thank you for sharing this beautiful haiku.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home