Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, January 01, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 1/1/07



too much sugar
the night before
New Year's hangover


The prompt was to write a New Year's 'ku. You can visit One Deep Breath to read the full prompt and enjoy others' responses.

My hangover is due to my tendency to low blood sugar. And, of course, the worst thing one can do with that tendency is to eat a lot of refined sugar. It plummets blood sugar like a stone and can give one an horrendous "sugar-low" headache, the kind that leaves me wishing I could just cut my poor head off. (It's also why I haven't drunk alcohol in years; it, too, plummets blood sugar.) Well, at least I really enjoyed my ice cream and M&Ms binge last night. LOL!

Happy New Year and Blessings to All.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the image. :) My wife has diabetes so I see low blood sugars every day.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

 
At 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, too much sugar for me also. Love the "ku. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I revised the second 'ku because under the hummingird photo, it just did make sense. It needed its own place and so it is in my notebook for now.

 
At 6:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny--and true! Love the image, too, neighbor. ;-)

 
At 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice cream and chocolate. Their own little food groups!! I would desparate miss them if I had to banish them from my life (on a permanent basis). Sorry for your terrible headache but what pleasure you had beforehand.

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is another thing I didn't know about. Nice haiku and I hope you are feeling better.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Sandy,

Yes, what happens is the sudden assault of sugar creates a tremendous output of insulin, which then drops blood sugar precipitously. At least, that's what I've read. And I have a tendency to low blood sugar even without too much sugar, e.g. if I don't eat frequently enough. Which can make me a very cranky, headachey, and at the worst even nauseous lady...who needs to be careful because it could develop into diabetes. Oy, too much information, I'm sure.

Thanks for visiting. Happy New Year! Oh, and I'm feeling much better, thanks.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger get zapped said...

Ugh! ME TOO! This is cute ; )

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

I like this!

Thanks for stopping by to read my haiku.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home