Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 12/27/06


winter wind
blows the old gate shut
rust shower



The prompt this week is about the process of aging and weathering. Please visit One Deep Breath to read the full prompt and enjoy others' responses.

Blush! I'm embarrassed to admit it, but this happens with our front fence gate. I've been trying for years to get our landlord to pay to have the entire fence and gate painted (it's chain link, and will need to be scraped, too, before painting). Although he's quite wonderful about repairs and upkeep about everything else around the building, he's resistant to this for some reason I cannot fathom. Then there's also trying to get my apartment building mates to close the dang gate when they leave or enter. Sigh. I got home just in time with my loaded shopping cart a couple days ago to see the gate slam shut in the wind and shower the walk with rust flakes. Less to scrape, I guess, once I talk the landlord into doing something about it all. LOL!

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the gate must be annoying at times, but what cool imagery it lended to your terrific haiku!

 
At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem and art!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger get zapped said...

Your haiku intrigues me and makes me curious to see this gate!

 
At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrible circumstances but wonderful haiku. I'm sure the rusty gate is a wonder with clothing as well--grrr.

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger rel said...

Roswila,
Very vivid colors in this haiku.
nice.
rel

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Star: Fortunately, it hasn't been a bother with clothing. At least for me. And I'm sure I'd hear about it if it were for others in the building. It takes a really good "smack" or jar for it to shed. LOL!

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

getzapped: It's not quite as much of an eyesore as I make it out to be. But my neighbors yards and fences are kept in such tip-top shape, I feel shamed by comparison. Even though it's not my responsibility. :-S

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

excellent haiku, very visual. Probably annoying in reality though....

 
At 11:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had gates like this! Great haiku - keep up the nice work!

 
At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it neat to see a poem in the gate? I like yours very much.

 
At 3:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto on Sandy's comment...the best thing about being an artist is that you see art everywhere...

rust shower...perfect.

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oh, yes, Megan! I sometimes feel a bit silly when I exclaim before thinking to a non-Tarot art friend, e.g.: ooooh, look, a found Empress card...that I am seeing in some very odd circumstance or place. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home