Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 11, 2006

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 12/11/06

The World card in The Tarot of the Cat People


early winter sun
the old woman on the bench
wakes and dozes ...



I remember reading somewhere ages ago that when someone dies an entire world ends. Maybe the dancer and the world above is what the old woman's memories and dreams contain. Maybe we need to find out....

This week's One Deep Breath prompt was to think about and observe "containers." You can visit the site to see the full prompt and others' responses.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

8 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Blogger paris parfait said...

Interesting take on the prompt: nice poem.

 
At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely haiku and picture, mind over here I think it would be too cold to lie on a bench just now.... I think there is a lot of truth in the idea that when someone dies a whole world ends.

 
At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty poem, even though I don't know much about tarot. I will have to ask my daughter, who does.

 
At 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am intrigued by your unusual view of a human being as a container but of course, this is completely accurate on so many levels! Beautiful work. And I just love that tarot image!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Sandy, I wasn't really thinking at all about The World card in The Tarot as being relevant per its Tarot meanings, per se. Just as in illustration of what one individual might contain. :-) And maybe we should not let others miss out on sharing some of the world that spins within them, with us.

However, these thoughts would not be inconsistent with the meanings of The World card. LOL. There's an expression an old Tarot buddy of mine and I used to use jokingly about a new meaning we were seeing for a card: "If it doesn't fit, we'll make it fit!" :-)

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Crafty Green Poet,

Oh my, it never occurred to me someone might "see" her lying down. She was nodding out the way I always did on subways, commuting to and from work, sitting up. But there certainly are folk who lie down on public benches ....

We've been having some lovely warmish weather here (New York City) for this time of year. So the old lady was quite comfortable in the sunlight, I'm sure. :-D

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Interesting metaphysical perspective ... intriguing my fellow poet!! Much peace, JP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home