Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 04, 2006

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 12/04/06

"Threadbare," Liquid Sculpture (used by permission)


after:
four seeds on
the dandelion



This week's prompt on One Deep Breath is to take a close look at something, then take a closer look, and maybe another even closer look. You can visit the site to see the complete prompt and others' responses to it. The haiku above is based on an experience when I was working in my tiny front yard earlier this year. (By the way, my wish was for a mild winter. :-D)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

10 Comments:

At 7:34 AM , Blogger jzr said...

Very nice!!

 
At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brevity and sparseness of image.

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I like that one a lot - what you've left unsaid as much as what you've said. Lovely.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Mimey said...

I really admire the brief brief haiku, it's brave to trust your words to be ones that can carry an idea without extra support. You've captured a whole scene in just six words. Well, I'm seeing all sorts of scenes.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'm delighted this really spare 'ku seems to come across. I work at writing the sort of 'ku that leaves plenty of room for the reader to "complete" it. It's harder for me to do this in my dream-based haiku as they ask for so much description just to get the image across. Oh, heck, I have the same challenge in regular haiku, too. But it's a challenge I enjoy engaging in. :-)

 
At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is strength in the unstated, nice job.

 
At 1:02 AM , Blogger paris parfait said...

I like the sparse image here, which brings to mind childhood memories of picking dandelions and blowing their seeds away for luck. (And one of my daughter's nickname is Dandelion).

 
At 5:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the image

 
At 7:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great close up image!

 
At 12:25 PM , Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

I love that haiku!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home