Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, November 13, 2006

FRIENDSHIP & COMPANIONS HAIKU (Response to One Deep Breath's 11/12/06 Prompt)

[Graphic courtesy of Jim Warren Studios]


autumn evening
we take the longest route
toward the beach


This haiku is both based on a recent dream and a very old memory. It was one of those times with a dear friend when the time together clearly meant far more than any goal of the trip.

Click here to read the full prompt on One Deep Breath and others' responses to it.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

10 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

There's something very beautiful about this haiku - taking the longest route on an autumn evening.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks crafty green poet, I guess something of the beauty of that long gone relationship comes through, even after all these years. :-)

 
At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading this haiku, your relationship comes through

there are times when the shortest distance between two points is not the ideal route :-)

thank you roswila

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oh, yes, there is something to be said for lazing along, isn't there?
Thanks for visiting, star.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Patry Francis said...

This says so much!

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

I'm glad you think so, Patry Francis. No matter how many 'ku I write I am always surprised when such a tiny form carries such a "big" moment. :-)

 
At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely poem, and idea!

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, Sandy, I saw yours earlier and don't remember if I left a comment. I love the snow trees photo, and the humor to the renga. Glad you enjoyed mine. :-)

 
At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the image of the longest route. It's beautiful and makes me thinks of long lost friends.

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, that's why I was so delighted to re-discover Jim's painting to go with it. The memories of long lost friends are precious like the friends were, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home