Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 09, 2006

TREE IN AUTUMN (Poem)

III Creavitity in the Osho Zen Tarot


TREE IN AUTUMN

Actaeon was turned
into a hunted stag
for his temerity.

I am rooted dumbstruck
when I surprise a Goddess
at Her bath, golden dress dropped
in a sudden sweep around Her feet,
slim arms still arched above Her head,
the long fall of night suffused
by Her naked grace.



Before fall is completely past, I thought I'd post this 1994 poem of mine. I saw this tree at night from a bus window. I'd never seen a tree that had clearly dropped all its leaves at once around it, nor leaves that were such a lovely yellow. The impact of this vision stayed with me for the rest of the several hour bus ride.

* * * *

Resource: Skyline Magazine, "Poetry, Stories, Art, Music...bringing the world together through art."

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An excellent concept to turn the seeing of the fallen leaves into goddess shedding her robes!

I imagine a Wordsworth type would have made that an extended metaphor as part of a much longer poem :-)

oino

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

My response to the sight was an awe I could only compare to that of a sacred, accidental vision. And I love trees, so a Goddess was an immediate association.

Ah, I have wondered about the length of this poem. I have felt it might want to be longer. Yet when I sat with it to let it go further, it refused to. Guess it didn't want to follow in Wordsworth's footsteps. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home