Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

THE WEAVE (A Poem)

[digital art: Jonathan Cummings, webshots.com]


THE WEAVE

Beneath the skylight
the philodendron flourishes,
woven back and forth across
the wooden banister supports
by human hands.

Its growing edge stands free
of the green weave
in a slim golden furl,
and is gently bent to fit
the ever denser pattern.

The philodendron slowly
accommodates each bowing
of its tender shoots,
each bending back
upon its older self,

held by the pattern
but growing, always
growing towards the light.


* * * *

I wrote this in 1997 about a philodendron I had in my hallway near a skylight. Sadly, on a fire inspection I was told to take it out of the hallway because it was a fire hazard -- something about blocking access to the ladder to the roof, which it clearly did not. I still miss the sight of that green glory when I'd make the last turn up the long three flights of stairs to my home. It's still in my home, now growing on hooks up the wall, and across above my living room window. It was a gift many years ago from a Tarot student and continues to be a gift, every day.

Resource: All Spirit/Poems by Rumi.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home