Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

LEAVE TAKING (Poem)

[photo: webshots.com]


Yes, it is a little early to be speaking about fall. But I tend to feel everything a bit ahead of time. An astrologer once noted that I would start to experience an aspect's effect before it was indicated in my chart. This was the first "objective" support for what I'd already noted about myself.

Anyway, back to autumn. If I have a favorite seaon, fall is it. (Even in the years in which I suffered from S.A.D. -- seasonal affect disorder.) The below little poem is twenty years old, but I can still clearly recall that morning. I was the only person in the camp up and about, and it was the day we were all going home. There were mountains in the distance, and I was standing at the edge of a field of wildflowers from which I had picked up a leaf that must have been blown from the stand of trees behind me.


LEAVE TAKING

I tilt a fall leaf to sunrise.

Dew drops magnify veins over
which they glide, converging
at the stem in one large globe

that baptizes my thumb,

a bandit's kiss.


* * * *

Resource: One Deep Breath, a lovely haiku site.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a twist at the end. Time tried to steal away from you, but you found a way to stop Time, and preserve the moment. That morning is still in your possession. Thanks for sharing a bit of it.

oino

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

:-D Writers love readers like you! You got it. And what I find intriguing from my perspective is that it was sometime after writing it that I heard what my own poem was implying. LOL!

Do you find this sort of thing in your own writing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home