Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

ON BEING NEEDY/NEEDED (A Dream Poem)

[Ace of Cups in the Rider/Waite/Smith Tarot Deck]


ON BEING NEEDY/NEEDED
(dreamed, and subsequently written in February 2002)

She is merry as she offers me
a serving of her strawberry shortcake.
"I can give you the simple recipe
if you'd like," she adds.

Afraid I've taken too much from her
already, I walk with her to the door.

She is now only a head speaking
from the golden brown wooden floor.

I lean down but can barely
hear what she softly asserts:

"God told me to give as much
to others as they need."



* * * *

Thinking about this dream -- of which this poem is almost an exact transcript -- pulls me into an intense inner eddy. I wind around and around, exploring the issues of being needy, being needed, and then just where are the limits of helping another person. By the way, the "other" woman in this dream is an actual Minister I knew at the time of the dream.

Resource: Composing Poetry in Lucid Dreams, i.e, composing poetry within a dream one is aware of dreaming.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home