Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, February 24, 2020

THE MOON'S MADE OF GREEN CHEESE (photomorph) & OUT THE WINDOW (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


OUT THE WINDOW

he rushes away,
no mention of where he’s going
or when he’ll be back;
you imply that he needn’t have said
anything, even if I am his sister

and even if to me, yours is an endlessly
strange small town he and I have landed in

well, I disagree, and all too heartily: we
travelled this far keeping each other informed

and I never put any sort of leash on him,
metaphorically speaking or otherwise

so, why’d his courtesy and caring go right out
the window when this huge full moon rolled in


[a tanka and four two-liners on a dream of 2-23-20. Puzzling little dream, especially given it was my actual (now deceased) brother when he was middle-aged. About all I hear is a fear of losing what’s closest to me to some sort of transmogrification: I ultimately get a definite association to a werewolf image. And that comment leads me to add that I fear losing myself (as much as anyone else) to what I seem to be turning into as I age even further. Photomorph “The Moon’s Made of Green Cheese” (Screenshots-many, 2-9-19[5]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home