Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

SLOW EXPLOSION (photo) & AT THE AIRPORT (dream) by Roswila



AT THE AIRPORT

there’s a small private plane crash,
here in Lompoc airport; in re-running
my memory of the plane as it came in
for a landing, I get the distinct impression
it was a deliberate smashing onto
the runway, white metal hunks flung
wildly into the air out of a fiery sphere

my woman friend -- who is in a position
of some sort of power at the airport –
has to leave for a while and tells
(nay, commands) me to call her if I see
another crash about to happen, “STAT!”
she stresses; as I back away slowly
from the end of the narrow runway
where she and I had been standing together,
I wonder if crashes are common here

then (oh shit) another private plane
is putting down wheels in the same
somehow purposefully wobbly way
as the one that just crashed
… yikes! and we have a second spreading
globe of fire spewing white metal chunks
into the air

I feel I’ve failed my woman friend,
even if I didn’t see this next disaster coming
(as I did sort of see the first one),
and then I begin to worry about what now
needs to be done

oh, that’s right, emergency
vehicles are already arriving and I’d
better get on the phone to let my friend
know that (as she’d seemed to suspect
there would be) there’s been
another crash and burn


[on a dream of 2-24-20. This dream was heavily influenced by some frustration mixed with anger that I was feeling in the wee hours, when I could not get comfortable enough to go back to sleep. I’m rather spoiled when it comes to being able to fall asleep, even after waking several times in the night. It’s been a blessing of mine all of my life. So, on those rare occasions when I can’t get to sleep, I can be like a little kid, having a tantrum. Which is, of course, totally counterproductive. :-) But there’s a whole lot more to this dream than that, which I won’t go on about here. Photo “Slow Explosion” (Archival Pix 5-31-09 1787) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home