Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, January 18, 2020

PAINTING THE NIGHT (photomorph) & THE BLISTERING RUB (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE BLISTERING RUB

only on recalling the dream do I also
recall I’ve had very similar ones before:
only there’s an honesty in it (or is it more
a fear leaking out of the basement reaches
of the dream like radon) that I don’t think
has shown up in others; yes, in each
previous dream my painting is outstanding,
one might call it top notch photorealism
framed by an artistic eye, but (and here’s
the blistering rub) in this version of the
recurring dream theme, all my art is copied
from others’ highly touted work, making
the pile of my paintings that I flip through,
unframed and some still drying, more like
photocopies: were it not for the fact one can
actually feel my brushstrokes and smell
the paint as it dries (here, sniff, this one is of
a gloriously tangled wood, somehow bearing a
green aroma); sigh, this only means my work
is like that of a counterfeiter … hm, maybe
I’ve always known this, and wonder sadly in
the dream if this is why I don’t like to charge
much if anything at all for my art: lay no
claim to be it being other than what it is
by conspicuous pricing, and how can I be
faulted if someone mistakes it
for a masterpiece?


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-17-20. Photomorph “Painting the Night” (7-23-09 4124v4g[3]) by Roswila)

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home