Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, January 17, 2020

THE SIX OF SWORDS (Taiga Tarot card design) & THE LAY OF THE LAND (dream haiku pair) by Roswila


THE LAY OF THE LAND

re-mapping flight
I sit outside between the wings
they bend

we’re so far from home
I insist we turn around
mirror bright lakes


[dream haiku pair dreamed/written March 2008, with some tweaking done for re-posting today. Yes, another re-posting, selected from that old handwritten dream haiku notebook of mine. I think this is one of the first examples of a pair (or more) of dream haiku on one dream. I started doing this about the time I moved here to CA in February of 2008. I was wanting to include more about a dream (dream haiku almost always require focusing on just one aspect of a dream). I was also wanting more “room” (i.e., words, lines) in which to address whatever aspect I chose to of a dream. Though I have to admit, I think singleton dream haiku have proven over time to be more successful as writing and as a dream record, than the many dream haiku series I wrote for a while. As to the pic accompanying this post, this dream haiku pair also generated a design for the Six of Swords in my Tarot deck-in-progress, The Taiga Tarot. (BTW, I’m still hoping to produce more cards for this deck. I even have a couple drafted and sketched out, in my old manila older. But life keeps making other plans.
😊) Photo “Six of Swords” (Current Pix, taiga tarot pgk, 6S4 [jpg]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home