Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

WHAT LIES BENEATH (photo) & "finished basement ..." (dream haiku) by Roswila


finished basement
I do better than before
on the climb back up


[dream haiku, written in January of 2008 (re-posted 12-31-19). Another from that stash of old dream haiku/monoku I am considering for re-posting. It hits me just now that it’s probably appropriate at year’s end to be going through the last of my three old, hand-written notebooks of dream haiku. As I’ve said here before, the books are truly old, some of the source dreams going back to the 1990’s and earlier. There’s always that looking back this time of year. But what I find interesting is that many of these old dream/poems were more predictive of my future than I recognized. Enough to give me goosebumps, every so often as I read. And I’ve been long accustomed to having the occasional “psychic” moment, sometimes in dreams. But it’s eerie to find them in retrospect. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this could simply be a matter of “self-fulfilling prophecy.” I.e., I may not have seen a particular dream as predictive at the time. But just the act of writing about it years ago, put the possibility of manifesting it in the back of my mind. I hasten to add, though, one could say that about anything we think/do/observe. All of life is deeply suggestive. Who’s really to know the source(s) of anything, ultimately? Maybe this is what is at the heart of that assertion that “Everything is one.” Just try to identify, much less untangle all the contributing causative events in which we're embedded.
😊 Anyway, back to today’s re-post: I think it’s a nice bit of positivity to end this year with. Which leads me to: HAPPY NEW YEAR, ONE & ALL! Photo “What Lies Beneath” (Archival Old Pix-2, 12718) by Roswila; BTW, this pic is of the guts of the only elevator we have on our retirement community grounds; given the heavy use it gets (as much for freight/furniture, etc. as people with walkers and shopping carts) it's amazing its motor has only been replaced once in the 12 years I've been living here)]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home