Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 11, 2019

CROWDED OUT (photomorph) & "they all really like..." (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


they all really like
their long-time receptionist
maybe that’s a clue:
nah, even my own family
never truly liked me

duration makes no difference
except to a growing level of pain

instant or long time,
whether by self or by other:
unliked remains unliked


[tanka followed by a two-liner and a dreamku on a dream of 3-10-19. Sigh. I’m a bit p.o.’d at my dream world for this. I went to sleep asking for help and essentially got my nose rubbed in a part of the problem that’s been cropping up in every one of my gazillions of memory moments these days. BTW, there’s a preachy tone to this piece that I find annoying in my writing sometimes. But, so be it, that’s the tone that permeated the dream. Hm, or maybe the tone my ever so vaguely lucid mind brought to the dream as I was dreaming? (Lucid dream: one in which the dreamer is aware she or he is dreaming.) Photomorph “Crowded Out” (1-18-18 006v4a[4]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home