Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

THE CALL OF HOME (photo) & "the pawned figurine..." (dreamku) by Roswila


the pawned figurine
of a woman and kestrel
shelved soul


[Re-post of dreamku from April of 2008. It has also appeared here at other times, as I eventually grouped it with other dreamku of mine as a series. It may be a simple image, but it has a lot of complicated personal significance. (For only one of many things: a kestrel – a small hawk, often flown by ladies – is on the Nine of Pentacles in the Rider/Waite/Smith Tarot. I made that card the symbol for an open poetry reading series I used to offer -- decades ago -- naming the series “Kestrel.”) There’s always a sadness to recalling this dream for me, and yet a beauty. After all these years I can still “see” that figurine. It was made of Belleek (fine white Irish china), that to my surprise in the dream, hadn’t yet gathered dust. The question this morning: is my soul still shelved? Photo “The Call of Home” (4/29/14 tthabol, 4-29-14 012v2 adobe) by Roswila]


PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home