Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

THE CHALICE (photo) & SEEDS (non-dream haibun) by Roswila


SEEDS

The seeds my roommate plants in our tiny front yard are a variety of unknowns. It is fun to watch them sprout and see what they become. They take over the postage stamp-size yard, growing tall and wild. I rather enjoy them still, but they lean out over the sidewalk, and reach through the chain-link fence:

catching my skirt
dark-eyed blooms

I pull up the biggest offenders and try training the others to stay more circumspect, but to no avail. Still, neither my roommie nor I want to get rid of them totally. In their season, they die back, leaving tall, rigid stalks. My roommie pulls up the dry reminders:

surprise!
up the tall dry stalks
last season’s glories

One already has an open, lovely purple bloom. Although I harvested morning glory seeds last year, she had not planted them. She disentangles the little morning glory vines carefully from the tall dry stalks she pulls, and gently guides them up the chain link fence:

delicacy
after dense wild blooms:
morning glory


* * * *

[A haibun written in August 2004 when I was still living in New York City. I posted it here previously in 2007. My roommate married a couple of years after what’s written about above and now has two children. And I moved to CA in Feb. of 2008. I’ve been thinking a lot about NYC, and especially the apartment mentioned here, where I lived for 23 years. I resided in NYC altogether for almost 65 years. BTW, a haibun is an (often poetic) prose paragraph completed by a haiku, or a series of such paragraphs with haiku caps. Photo "The Chalice" (10-25-13 d&p, 4-27-11 adobe) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home