Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, February 03, 2019

SHADOWS & REFLECTIONS (photomorph) & ON FLYING AND DYING (mixed format on two dreams) by Roswila


ON FLYING AND DYING

Dream One:

doubt that I can fly
up into these bowing branches
barely a shadow,
I gather strength of arms and heart,
and take off, joyfully straight up

two religious clerics watch from the ground
judgment frosted with surprise on their faces

I could not care less as I swoop and glide, my only
concern now: how to keep from flying off altogether,

to be sure I can make it back down to earth again
and not get totally lost in this golden green lightness


Dream Two:

my fragile old friend
enters the elevator ahead of me,
she seems quite upset
maybe it’s due to the death of two friends
whose souls are with us in the small lift

their essence misting the air like a light perfume,
I say to my friend “Isn’t it a wonderful surprise,

that we can choose to go on learning,
even after we pass away?”

it’s clear my friend doesn’t find this discovery
comforting, but it lifts my mood tremendously


[two mixed format poems on two separate dreams of 2-2-19 (each begins with a tanka and is completed with three two-liners). Photomorph “Shadows & Reflections” (tthabol 8-18-13) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home