Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

HUNGRY FOR THE LIGHT (photomorph) & "they put me into..." (dreamku) by Roswila



they put me into
a locked metal box with flowers
the giant gulps it


[dreamku written/posted in February 2007, and ever so slightly tweaked before re-posting today, 9-26-18. I read through a lot of my oldest posted work, looking for something to put up today. BTW, I'm not sure if my dream recall is actually less and less, as I've been complaining here. It may be as much that I've gotten lazy and uninterested in bothering to either scribble notes in the night, or to go over a dream to get it into regular memory before falling back to sleep. Guess it doesn't matter, the upshot is very few new dreams to write about. I have noticed what vague fragments I'm left with on occasion, often have an image of choice between two things, or a doubling or reproducing of an image with slight changes to it. All that said, I chose this ancient dreamku of mine because it puts me in mind of what I've been struggling with for some time now. As Jung is said to have asserted about our shadows: How can you find a lion that's swallowed you? Also, the above Photomorph ("Hungry for the Light" 8-17-18 008v7b) is brand new, just fudged into this shape today. Photo & Dreamku by Roswila]

ABOUT DREAMKU (& PHOTOS):

But first, a request: please let me know of any typos or other sorts of blunders in my posts. As my eyes age I'm finding more mistakes are creeping into what I put up here no matter how many times I proof it all. Thanks for any help!

For more in-depth exploration of the dreamku form, and one post in which I also address my photo choices:

-- very brief comparison of dreamku and haiku: DREAMKU ARE NOT HAIKU

-- a brief post about both dreamku and my photos THE AREN'TS OF DREAMKU & ACCOMPANYING DIGITAL PHOTOS.

-- detailed three-part post about dreamku: "A DREAMKU PRIMER: Writing Haiku-Like Poems About Your Night Dreams": PART ONE: Introduction & Writing Dreamku as Dream Work; PART TWO: Elements of the Haiku Form Used in Dreamku; and PART THREE: How to Write Dreamku (the second and third parts have some overlap).

-- a short up-dating post about the three-part "A DREAMKU PRIMER" -- Important Up-date to A DREAMKU PRIMER....".

* * * *
‘til next time, keep dreaming,







If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home