Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, October 15, 2018

HOW THE LAYERS GOT THAT WAY (photomorph) & WHAT ABOUT YOU? (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WHAT ABOUT YOU?

you firmly assert that when one digs down
to the bottom of anything, it's a simple matter
of this or that:
black.
or.
white.
I see foundations quite differently ... and forget
about shades of grey, the colors that open my eyes
vary greatly and often brilliantly, bearing hues
and values and depths well beyond the known
spectrum; I'm even able to conceptualize --
though I admit it takes quite an effort to squeeze
the possibility in among the constant shifting
and slippage between the layers of choice
and the unknown -- that I could be
just.
plain.
wrong.
what about you?


[non-dream free verse poem written 10-9-18. Not sure if my blog break is truly over. Or maybe it's just that I want to post in a more relaxed way ... not feel compelled to post every day (as has been my wont for a very long time). Maybe I'll give a more easy going approach a go. Of course, I now have several poems written during this "break" so will probably be posting every day for a little bit. :-) Then again, maybe not. Photomorph "How the Layers Got That Way" (9-28-18 001v5a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home