Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, September 28, 2018

SHADOW ROW (photo) by Roswila


No poem for today, and not for two weeks (give or take). I'm going on a vacation from blogging for a while. I'll still check in here every day, so if you leave a comment I will read and respond as need be. I certainly hope that during this hiatus you will enjoy the vast collection of dreams/poetry, etc. posted here over the years. The archive list is down a bit on the right hand side of this home page (going back as far as 2006).

Nothing catastrophic is urging a blogging break upon me. I'm just tired of wishing I could afford to pay someone to thoroughly clean and re-organize my rooms -- not that I'd actually trust anyone else to do it! :-) So I simply have to take out a good chunk of time and do it all myself. Oh-so-slowly, as I do everything these days (I'm such an old woman) but quite surely. I have no doubt that I'll continue drafting poems, and taking and working on pix as I've done during past blog breaks. But all the time I would otherwise spend on choosing and working on a pic to go with a poem that I edit (for the umpteenth time) even as I put it up here and deal with blog formatting and the inevitable glitches, will be freed for (ACK!) cleaning my rooms.

When I re-read yesterday's dreamku post before keyboarding all of the above, I was struck with the thin thread of continuity between the subject/title of the above brand new photo and that old dreamku: the issue of shadows. I suppose one way to understand shadow work -- in that psychological sense, see comment to yesterday's post -- would be as cleaning and re-organizing. Not so much the unconscious (it is after all by definition unknown) as working on/with one's conscious attitudes and beliefs as reflected in the (almost always disturbing) evidence of our shadows.

Yikes! That's a lot for a simple notice of a blog vacation. In any case, I do hope you will continue visiting and wandering around my old and ancient posts. Just be kind as you read them (as I often say about my photos: What WAS I thinking!). I flinch when I read some now, even a few recent ones have given me pause. LOL!

[Photo "Shadow Row" (9-28-18 029v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home