Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, May 19, 2018

A BRUSH WITH CHARTREUSE (photomorph) & GONE GREEN (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


GONE GREEN

how sad to meet one's inner alter this way,
but I suppose, there's a certain relief in
clarity, in having your shadow self
right there in front of you, drinking
boldly and desperately from
the trough of sticky sweet
chartreuse

it doesn't even matter whether it's an
alcoholic drink or not, I think, as we
elbow each other for another swallow,
cupless and using our hands, not
caring it drips all over our
carefully chosen clothes
each time we
guzzle

what matters is that now she's taking
the trough -- really more a large
wooden tub that trees are sometimes
grown in -- to her room, not even
bothering to ask me if I want
any of the liquid, or if I mind
her absconding like this
with the tub into which
we'd both been
dipping

what will I do now when our paths cross,
will I like her anymore ... nah, I doubt it
... but maybe I'll feel a bit more
tolerant and a lot less
judgmental knowing she
is me as surely as I
am myself, standing
here, thirsting
after that
gone green
liquid


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-17-18. The color chartreuse has shown up in dreams very clearly a number of times over the years. It's also the color of a French liqueur, called Green Chartreuse. And it's rather odd that only just now on Googling this color did I find out that liqueur connection. BTW, just in case it's not clear, this dream does harbor a bit of positivity. Funny thing, too, I ran into the woman it was in the dream, the afternoon after dreaming it, and I hadn't seen her in weeks. I was in a rush so had little time to see if my feelings toward her had changed. But I suspect they have. A wee bit. More acceptance, less judgment. Photomorph "A Brush With Chartreuse" (5-13-18 013v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home