Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, May 13, 2018

DANCE WITH ME (photo) & THE DANCE (dream narrative) by Roswila


THE DANCE

whatever it was I handed to him in
the dream (that involved a lot of work
and thought and effort on my part)
I've since forgotten beneath the impact
of waking to recall of our ensuing dance:

he approaches me from my left
side, his hip length black American Indian
hair lifting lightly in the breeze, and puts
an arm gently behind my back,
resting his open hand softly
against my waist

there's no music or drums but somehow
I know this is meant to be a dance, he swaying
ever so slightly to a rhythm I quickly pick up
and shuffle along with as I turn
fully into his embrace

we go on, barely lifting our feet as we circle
ever so slowly around the empty, sunny
courtyard, I moving backwards to his
steady forward, every nerve in my body
on intuitive high alert towards this man
whose subtly expressed interest
has piqued my own

the dance ends (as all inevitably do), and he
walks away, but not before he whispers in my
left ear: "In my culture, we'd be said to be
engaged now..."


[narrative on a dream of 5-11-18. There's a lot in that closing word "engaged" that I won't go in to here; too complicated. Except to say briefly that its more about my psychology (the male within), for one, and for two, about how involved I am with someone at present (e.g., "getting busy," "tied up," etc.) than any marriage commitment. The reference to left side and ear, and the intuitive alert, all indicate an almost over-riding presence of right brain activity (intuition, the arts, holistic thinking, etc.). BTW, I have read somewhere that more recent findings about left and right brain functions indicate they aren't quite as distinct one from the other as used to be thought. But it's still a handy way -- if only symbolically -- of addressing the different ways our human brains process and relate to the welter of information coming from our world(s) at any given moment. Photo "Dance With Me" (6-23-09 2706e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home