Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

ON THE WAY TO TOO MUCH (photomorph) & "YOUR ASSIGNMENT, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT..." (dream narrative) by Roswila


"YOUR ASSIGNMENT, SHOULD YOU
CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT..." *

the job assignment I hesitate to accept:
write three line reviews of several infant/
toddler day care centers of my choice in our
area of South Central California; once visited,
none of my choices seems remarkable in any
way, and I hope I'll be able to produce reviews
that will interest readers, without revealing how
boring I really find these centers; then I come to
to the last on my list: it's farthest away, a bit to
the north, almost in another county, just barely
within the geographic area outlined for me to
visit centers within; on first glance it appears to
be like all the others, then I notice that one of
the toddlers in the center's care is not a child at
all but a young adult woman, dark-haired and
giggling; but she refuses to stay in one spot long
enough for me to even ask her a question and I
give up, looking around the room; none of the
other, wildly active and constantly chattering
infants and toddlers attracts me, many looking
like baby versions of adults I know and have
difficult relationships with in my personal life,
though I do briefly wonder if interviews with
these "younger selves" might actually be not
only interesting to my readers, but helpful to
me; however, I feel an urge instead to seek out
the young adult woman's attention again, and
finally succeed, asking her how to say the name
of this day care center that, as I recall, begins
with a P and an E; she responds as she scurries
away "It means 'foreign place'" well, I think,
that's not what I asked but, yes, this is a very
foreign place, at least to me; then I laugh,
shake my head, and mumble under my breath:
and it sure ain't boring!


[narrative on a dream of 3-25-18. * Said in the opening sequence of every episode of that old T.V. show, Mission Impossible. And, yes, I intend for this title reference to that old show to inform the dream even a little bit further. As it did me, when it popped as I was trying to think of a title. Photomorph "On The Way To Too Much" (5-13-10 10013ev9) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home