Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WRIGGLING FREE (photomorph) & STUCK IN THE MUD (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


STUCK IN THE MUD

they've shoved her into
mud up to her aching neck
she gives up wiggling
to get free; as she coughs out slush she
thinks: stranger things have happened,

maybe for once a mud bath she's been forced
into will turn out to be a cure for her joint pain


[a tanka with a capping two liner on a dream of 3-19-18. This made me a little sad on recall, given the folk who lost their lives in the January mudslides here in California, and also given that we're experiencing another rainstorm as I type this. But hopefully folk are better prepared this time: i.e., most living near the burn scar areas have evacuated. However, this dream also left me with a wee bit of personal hope that the "mud" I seem to be stuck in for some time now will turn out to be positive in some way. BTW, beyond the expression "stuck in the mud," I heavily associate this dream to "mud slinging." As I'm quite aware there's lots being slung at me -- behind my back -- these days. Developing a thicker skin to it all would result in a huge improvement in my inner life. Hell, my entire life, given how connected everything is. Photomorph "Wriggling Free" (3-27-10 8679v12b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home