Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, March 18, 2018

NIGHT'S CAULDRON (photomorph) & MAYBE I'LL JUST REWRITE ... (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


MAYBE I'LL JUST REWRITE...

maybe I'll just rewrite the lyrics to that
old song, 'cuz I truly don't "Wish I were
in Love Again*" I just want to yearn
to be in love again with a special
someone I don't have ... how much
easier that distance, than this "up
close and personal," easier to watch
a much craved man pass me by time
and again, and brush his shoulders
with imaginary hands, visualizing
my desire sinking into those squared
off bastions, to heat there like vague
sparks, maybe someday to ignite
a response...

but no, no, that's not what I'm yearning
for today ... well, to be more precise, not
that part at the end ... so, no response,
please, none at all ... let me be plain, I'm
yearning to return to that love land
in the mind, that imaginary castle,
that glass coffin, where someday,
someday my Prince will come ...

but not today, please, not today, don't arrive
with a glass slipper or rose in hand, just leave
me to bubble and froth away alone like an old,
over-full cauldron, to steam in the sweetness
of not having what I so yearn for, for what can't
be known and therefore can't disappoint either
or both of us, or create fear or regret, or backfire
and poison my sense of worthiness, but simply
taste of a hopeful brewing, as sweet as these
hot tears when I recall feeling
that way about you

[non-dream free verse poem written 3-17-18. *I Wish I Were In Love Again" sung by Frank Sinatra. Photomorph "Night's Cauldron" (5-30-10 10008v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home