Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

THE COURSE OF TRUE LOVE ... (photo) & TRIANGULATION [#2] (dream tanka series) by Roswila


TRIANGULATION

all these friends crowding
me in last night's dreams as if to
make up for lost time:
one long distance -- cross country,
the others here -- right up in my face

love for each rises
as surely as that morning sun
through my lace curtains
and just as certainly I find this
unsought warmth upsetting

because with love's rise
(surely and certainly as ever)
come the deeper colors
of these affections:
all the conflicts, the betrayals,
and worse, the unspoken affection

the cross-country buddy
only vaguely traipsing through a dream
segment, like a tiny
bait worm, making it's get-a-way
before it can get hooked on caring

and that leaves two:
The He and The She; can you say
"triangulation"
children? I can but don't want to, I've been
the unembraced third point far too long

he wanted me, still does,
yet here he is again flirting
with her; while she
keeps trying to talk to me
about the animals she loves

as if her pet loves
will distract me from what she's
always and ever
inviting from him ... and him! now
he asserts he doesn't desire her

he even makes sure
I witness him telling her to back off
(gently and softly,
though, as is his way to talk around me)
then he calls me on his smart phone

not so smart, I think,
to put this distance between us
after seemingly
opening a path between us at last
on which we might move closer

then there's the missing
seconds, yes, almost a minute or so
at the beginning
of each of his phone transmitted
comments as I hang in confused

nothing new at all
in this behavior of his, silence has always
hung between us
a heavy, transparent curtain: I'm clear on
what he's feeling but he won't own it


[tanka series on dreams of 3-26-18. Photomorph "The Course of True Love..." (3-21-10 10049ev2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home