Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, March 31, 2018

NETTING A WILD MIX (photomorph) & AT A BENEFIT MUSICAL FOR THE TERMINALLY ILL (dream narrative) by Roswila


AT A BENEFIT MUSICAL
FOR THE TERMINALLY ILL

the amateur performance of the musical
begins with a block-buster song and dance
number; the song's about a very expensive
antique chest-cum-foot-locker, it's deep
brown wood sides gleam with elegant
and complicated designs carved into it by
some craftsman whose skill may no longer
even exist in this century; I smile wryly
to myself and turn to my friends as they
watch this offering for a price far beyond
what any of us could afford; I buy all my
stuff in a thrift store, I say, "Second Hand
Rose"* has nothing on me! and I go on to
ponder how much of the stuff I use in my
rooms and wear may be even older? Third
or fourth hand? I'm not surprised to hear
others around me in the audience making
comments on living the thrift store life, as
we share hints on how best to maintain and
coordinate our cheap and still usable finds;
the next production number in the benefit
show is about just this sort of pooling of
experience and more stirring even than the
opening song about a chest we could never,
ever afford to buy, even for charity's sake;
this second number slows gradually into a
milling crowd -- audience and cast members
together -- swaying softly on the shiny, dark
wood stage, some in couples, some inter-
locking their arms in long chains that weave
them all into one chorus singing the show's
final song: "Yesterday's gone, the last
sunset's overhead, we'll have to let it go..."


[narrative on a dream of 3-30-18. Those "lyrics" in the last two lines are verbatim from the dream. I actually woke up singing them, to a simple tune I've since forgotten (think I made it up in the dream as it didn't seem familiar on that fleeting recall). *Lyrics to "Second Hand Rose". LOL! I feel like an ancient thrift store item myself. I keep finding use (kinda, sorta) for my life and hope that this will stay true until the end. Overall, though, this is one of those dreams that has many different levels. The implied death at the end being the most compelling (at least to me). Is it addressing literal death, or the transformations ("little" deaths) we go through all the time? Or both? I also note that it's Passover today and Easter tomorrow, and both have central death images informing them. In addition, I see that famous Shakespeare quote "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players..." in this dream. AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, I WISH ALL CONCERNED A VERY BLESSED PASSOVER! Photomorph: "Netting A Wild Mix" (6-27-09 2904v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home