Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, March 29, 2018

INTIMATE PORTRAIT (photo) & EVEN (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


EVEN

you might think that of all the arts
dream poetry could go uncensored;
hey,
I've even used that it's a dream
poem to excuse what many folk
would otherwise find a bit off-putting,
and gotten away with it (or at least, so I
thought);
but this dream and, more importantly,
the poem about it, urging itself upon me,
is just too graphic, too real, too close
to the bone, or rather to the deepest most
intimate
space in a woman that doesn't require
a scalpel or abusive words to reach;
I'd have to clearly describe his own
private parts to even get this across,
even
a metaphor would be too real; even as
the dream itself was; even as he entered
my body, both a delightful surprise
and mutual challenge; but then to be
interrupted
by that other woman just as we're able
to strike a rising rhythm, that crass (I
won't use a curse word here, but am
tempted
to) witch, demanding to know if I
think I'm any different than she,
screwing
around with a man who's really
not at all suiting; hell, you can
just imagine how pissed off
I was in the dream, about as
p.o.'d as I am
now
typing this: how frustrating
to have truth intrude just as I
finally get what I've so long
clung to believing I
wanted


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-28-18. I got all hung up on just what sort of writing this one is (prose poem? dream narrative? free verse?) and realized I was avoiding fully taking in -- there's that image again -- what the dream was saying. Photo "Intimate Portrait" (6-23-09 2706ev2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home