Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, February 10, 2018

REMEMBER WHEN (photomorph) & BUSTED (dream narrative) by Roswila


BUSTED

three men and I have formed an a cappella
quartet; the song we're working on is totally
unfamiliar to me: a softly melodic 1940's
ballad; although I hang back, I can't resist
attempting to find the harmonies, as I know
how lovely they would sound in a female's
higher pitch among their deep voices; I keep
trying to find the harmony lines but so quietly
I'm sure none of the men can even hear me,
which is what I want unless and until I'm sure
I'm hitting the right notes, not to mention my
still considerable shyness; even this not quite
joining in is very enjoyable and I relax into
what I think is an unnoted participation; a water
color-like vision emerges in my mental eye in
response to the music: a pastoral setting, sunny
but not too bright, it feels like a memory of a scene
I might have read about in a classic British novel
as a child, long past bedtime, by flashlight, hiding
under the covers; and then the lead baritone looks
up suddenly and hurries right over to me, saying
to the others: "Listen! she's secretly singing the
harmony!" Oy, I've been busted! but somehow
I manage to keep singing, both the joy and the
volume upped, for my attempts have been
both noted and embraced, even as my face
betrays my rising excitement with a hot flush


[narrative on a dream of 2-8-18. I suppose I should own up to the obvious fact that the run of dreams largely about a man or men, has picked up again. I do have one dream poem ready to post about a woman, but she's pregnant -- guess there'd been a man around there, too. :-) Photomorph "Remember When" (11-26-17 005v2g) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home