Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, February 09, 2018

HARVEST MOON RITUAL (photomorph) & ODDLY ENOUGH (narrative on a dream)


ODDLY ENOUGH

rather oddly for us -- friends only,
and decades ago, at that -- we're about
to have sex and I'm quite content that
we'll do so, even though he's the same
annoying guy he was all those decades
back when we hung out a lot together;
just why he's now my cup of tea I can't
say, I only know I'm heating more than
an old tea kettle! then, several other men,
all strangers, enter the dark room, back
lit by sunny reflection off the ocean only
yards outside the window, all of them
his acquaintances, with whom I'm also
expected to have sex; again, rather oddly,
although I do recognize this as a bit
over the top, I don't have any problem
with the prospect, especially given my
sexual hunger these past few years; as
the new guys check out the space and
settle into it, I look out the window,
past the small dock to the water, when a
guy I'd noticed earlier comes up close
behind me, almost nuzzling my right
ear; I'd been very attracted to his warm
smile and he's smiling again, but his
voice has a concerned, questioning tone
as he makes it clear to me that I really
don't have to be available to these nearly
half dozen men; as I lean lightly into
him I explain it really doesn't bother me,
that I've been alone for too many years,
what I don't say, is that I actually want to
sleep with each of them; then just as this
man and I begin moving even closer to
each other, one of the other men walks
up to me, all agitated about having to
leave his job unattended in order to be
with me, and I sigh, and turn from this
guy I'm ever more drawn to, so I can
attend to the anxious man; I don't want
his high agitation polluting the entire
group of guys, after all, it only takes
one rotten apple in the barrel ...


[narrative [prose poem?] on a dream of 2-7-18. In part, a poem about reputation (keeping these men happy so I'll be thought of positively?)? A woman's harem fantasy? Exploring what the extent of my sexuality is? Is the end telling me to choose what I really want despite any worry of turning others off? And I can think of lots more questions about this one. In a way it feels like an attempt to integrate both my past and present experiences with men. Hm, maybe it's largely an "anti-victim" dream. I.e., a not very sensible attempt (that phrase could be a definition of dream symbolism!) to stop carrying around all that victimization that I suffered from early childhood on. This one's going to generate quite a lengthy Tarot reading to try to get a decent grip on it. BTW, the photomorph I've chosen to go with this, references a vague feeling I had within the dream as the additional men began to arrive. (I.e., that the gathering might be for some sort of ancient ritual.) Photomorph "Harvest Moon Ritual" (11-26-17 008v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home