Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

FOOT REST (photomorph) & GRAVITATION (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


GRAVITATION

it's almost as if
the same someone had walked this
way ahead of me,
leaving deep imprints in this same
path that I keep choosing to step in

after all, any
other way of walking would lead
me into untrod
territory, rough and risky, but most
of all, way too exotic, too unknown

I mean, aren't I
old and arthritic, and haven't I a long
laundry list of scars?
better I take this well trodden path ... at least
I can see it clearly, winding lazily ahead of me

so what if it's a repeat of a repeat of a repeat,
there'll be no turned ankles, no strange territory

my stepmother often said to me, with a blue note
to her voice, that we gravitate to the familiar

and the gravitation here is too strong to resist, as I
walk on, sad but at least secure in the next step to take


[three tanka and three two-liners on a dream of 1-22-18. It was odd to recall this dream, as I've actually been taking more risks recently. Maybe it's a strange sort of wish fulfillment dream. One in which I'm wishing I could be like I used to be. A sort of nostalgia, in a way, for the "good old days." Days which, of course, weren't all that good. Though they were far less consciously risky. ... Bazinga! (As Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory" would say.) This dream is more a warning that I'm about to head down an old, old path. One I've been down too many times before, and that I'd better be very conscious about the choices I'm making. Photomorph "Foot Rest" (1-18-18 10001ev4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home