Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

DRAWN TO THE HEART (photomorph) & FROM THE JUNGLE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


FROM THE JUNGLE

will you ever go away?
ever leave me alone inside
this familiar jungle of myself?
and I've almost forgotten what it's like
to go through a day without being
very high or extremely low
on your presence or lack
thereof outside myself
in the (so-called)
civilized world

talk about being totally wrapped up in
someone ... sigh ... what a joke that is, do I
even know you enough to be sure the man
so tightly wound throughout my outward,
deceptive calm and organization is the man
you are? much less that the man in various
states of radiant dishabille whom I carry
around inside me, is anything
like you either?

ah, well, maybe it doesn't matter at all,
maybe this is what love's early explorations
are about, this comparing of the various
pieces of external and internal perceptions
and spontaneous images, with the intensely
longed for person who's their focus,
finding out what's a fit
and what's not

even as one yearns for enough hands-on
connection to take the knowing deeper yet,
where eyes and ears and imagination
cannot reach: through to the very
heart of darkness


[non-dream free verse poem written 1-24-18. Yeah, Joseph Conrad's novella "The Heart of Darkness" is a rather intense image for love. But given how I too often feel, I'm embarrassed to admit it just might be a fitting one. (Please pardon that whiff of self-pity; I'm having a particularly hard time today; nasty cough; arthritis acting up ... excuses, excuses. :-D) I hasten to add, I've not read the novel. I base my slight reference to it on all I've heard about it over the years, along with summaries I've read of it online. I also think I may have seen a T.V. movie based on it, in the late 1990's. As I read one summary just now, I kept getting extremely clear visual images, much more like memory than imagination. Photomorph "Drawn to the Heart" (1-18-18 006v4c) by Roswila; click on the image for a larger version, if you'd like to see the details]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home